A possible list of problems includes:
- Selfishness – what I want counts more than what you may want/need
- Neglect of the earth and natural resources, pollution
- Inhumanity of man – slavery, genocide
- Violence/war rather than peace/gentleness
- Poverty – Hunger, Homelessness, Joblessness, lack of affordable housing
- Prejudice against people based on race, country or group of origin, religion, gender, sexual preference, beliefs
- Privilege – life is different/better for richer/whiter people rather than poorer/browner people
- Class systems, economic injustice – some people are at a disadvantage due to income level and this is difficult to reverse; sometimes economic differences can last generations. People at the top are sometimes not too interested or motivated to help the people below them climb up.
- Crime, prison systems – we jail people of color at a higher rate than white people; some people are incarcerated unjustly (court system not always fair to the poor/minorities). It’s hard for released prisoners to survive on the outside – not enough help for them, so sometimes they end up back in prison.
- Unequal legal system – legal representation/ justice may be different depending on income, race
- Unequal access to quality education
- Lack of hope, optimism, enthusiasm for a better life
There’s no doubt more problems than these. Please think of some good solutions! The world may get better as a result of your good thinking, writing, artwork or action!