WELCOME TO HERITAGE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH!
While we are unable to hold unrestricted gatherings, small groups of choir members have safely gathered to record hymns and anthems. Click here to hear!
A message from Pastor Henry Sun:
October 28, 2020
Dear church family and friends:
Session has voted to resume live worship on November 1st, and the following protocols are in place:
- Masks are required. Any individual who wishes to join us for worship in the sanctuary must wear a mask. If you forget yours, we have masks in the sanctuary for you.
- Each worshiper will be given a dollop of hand sanitizer when they come to the front door of the church.
- For the purposes of future contact tracing, written attendance will be taken. Individuals who do not want to provide their name, phone number, home address, and email address will not be allowed to join us for worship. If attendance increases, it may be necessary to create an RSVP system to make contact tracing a little easier.
- Seating in the sanctuary has been modified to reflect social distancing. There are about 11 socially distant areas to sit with 2 or 3 chairs per area. Family units must sit together in one of these socially distant seating sections.
- There will be no bulletin, no live choir, no spoken responses, and no passing of the peace. So you should expect that the service will be shorter than normal – perhaps as short as 45 minutes or so.
- Prayer requests will not be given orally with a microphone. Instead, I will be leading a directed prayer.
- For people who are not comfortable joining us for live worship, we do intend to livestream it. More information about that should be forthcoming this weekend. I want to thank Laura and Bob for their willingness to oversee this new addition to our worship.
- We are also not having after-church fellowship time in Heritage Hall. Instead, I will continue to offer a Zoom time (now at 11:30) for all of us to meet together and share our weeks.
Whew! What a list of things to get through!! But in the midst of it all, let us not lose sight of the one God, Creator of the heavens and the earth, whom we are called to love and worship wherever we are – sanctuary or home, live or livestreamed.
Please join us for worship at 10:00 Sunday morning after the COVID-19 outbreak subsides.
“It is God who is at work in you” (Philippians 2:13, NRSV)
We celebrate the gift you are to this community of believers!