For Sunday, March 17, 2019
- Session has approved a yearlong Bible reading project for the entire church. The program is based on the app called ReadScripture, and it is available for free at the Google Play store and the iPhone app store.
Two upcoming Better World events:
- Wed., March 27, 7 pm – “Making Benicia Safe: Police and School District Response to the Possibility of Gun Violence.” Learn how our Police Department and School District have worked together to prepare for the possibility of an intruder with a gun. While this is frightening idea, the training that has taken place has reduced fears and given staff and students a sense of security. Our Police Chief and School Superintendent will be speakers as well as our own Liam Madigan, a student at Benicia High School.
- Wed., April 24, 7 pm – “Water, Waves and Fish”— We live near a beautiful bay that is interesting to watch and allows for many forms of boating. Learn the simple science behind the water around us and how the tides, waves, and currents work on a daily basis, as well as threats to the water from pollution and global warming. We also will explore the types of sea-life present in our bay including the fish seasonally present. As we did with the recent program on the sky, we will look at local artists’ and photographers’ interpretations of our beautiful bay and shoreline.
- In the interest of building community among the young adult and adult population of Benicia and the surrounding area, Heritage is hosting a monthly young adult/adult board game night on the fourth Friday of the month (March 22) at 6:00pm in the piano room and church library. All adults are welcome for a night of board games, snacks, and fellowship.
- Our Pastor’s Bible Study on Mark is every Monday from 4:30 – 5:30.
- Heritage Presbyterian Church will be hosting the Good Friday service for area Presbyterian Churches on April 19th at 7:00 pm.